We’re a fun group that prides itself in delivering great service and top notch solutions for our clients.
Position Title - Open Source Code Detective
The work is local to the Bay Area (mostly peninsula and south bay), and may take place at customer sites.
As a code detective, you will participate in the analysis of large and complex software code bases and report detected third-party and open source components and their licenses. Your mission: find the true origin and license terms of detected third party code.
You will be trained on the specifics of software licensing, patterns of re-use of open source and interactions with open source software, as well as how to use our tools. The work is part technical (working with source code) and part internet and search smarts (being good at finding things on the web and sifting through tens of thousands of source files).
- Great discipline, precision, and organization.
- A decent understanding of software development.
- Some experience in at least one major programming language such as Java or C/C++.
- Software reverse engineering
- Embedded devices
- Linux and Linux kernel programming
- Security and software forensics
- Software quality analysis
- Open source development
- Open source licensing
Please send your resume and your cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will send you a short test that you will need to complete to reach the next step of our selection process.
Position Title - Marketing Intern
California (Silicon Valley or San Diego County)
Seeking a creative, energetic, and eager Marketing Intern, who has what it takes to be a successful marketing player in a fast-paced environment. The position is based in California, either in Silicon Valley or San Diego County. Self-motivated candidates with strong interpersonal skills are invited to apply.
- Data management, identifying potential prospects for marketing campaigns
- Research professional organizations in the open source space
- Assist with graphic design projects and email blasts
- Create content for the company website, social media and marketing materials
- Event planning and PR assistance
- Various projects as assigned
- Current student studying English, journalism, marketing, business, communications, sales or related field
- Organized and detail-oriented. An articulate and extremely strong communicator
- Ability to multi-task and meet various deadlines.
- Comfortable with MailChimp, Buffer and/or Zendesk is a plus
- Knowledge of open source software and licensing requirement is a plus
- Moderate Command Line experience
- Front-End Framework experience (Bootstrap 3)
- Familiarity with Backend (Node.js)
- Experience with task runners (Grunt)
- Experience with HTML Templating (Handlebars)
- Experience with Data Formats (JSON/YAML)
- Experience with version control (Subversion/Git)
Please send your resume and your cover letter to email@example.com.